New to VFL? - Rules / Tutorials / Guides

General Introduction Welcome to our Virtual Football League. Our mission is to create an opportunity for anyone who is willing to take their pro clubs competition to the next level. Over the past few years, we have let the players set the range of competition, and now there is severe competition in all leagues. All players from around the world, are able to join teams, play matches and prove themselves here at VFL. However, in order to start or continue your career, you must have read all the updated rules and regulations below. Topics Section 1: VFL Profiles & Conduct Section 2: VFL Format & Gameplay Rules Section 3: Complains/Reports Section 4: Adding/Dropping players during the season Section 5: Player Contracts & Rights...
Hello again new person! So this is yet another highly requested guide by some people on Twitter who wanted a direct thread explaining what VFL is, how it works, and all the basics, so again, as owner of the site, I'll be the one explaining it all to you, and if you have any questions, feel free to post them below and I'll get back to you on anything. Alternatively, if you feel more comfortable asking your questions on Twitter, simply DM the VFL Twitter account.
Hello, I'm Gringo, the site owner of VFL. This is pretty much a new guide I've wrote for you new members out there signing up to VFL. At first, the site may seem confusing, but after a good number of visits, you'll be fine in where to go, what to do, and more. I can only apologise if you're about 12 and don't like reading. This site is a forum community, meaning there is an emphasis around community interaction, therefore, this guide will be a bit long and explain all the key areas of the site that you'll need access to. Feel free to skip to parts which you're more interested in, but I'd suggest reading it all. Regardless, welcome to the community, and lets get you off the ground and running in Europe's biggest Pro Clubs league website!
Yep, you've guessed it, we're going ahead with the fantastic idea that @Dagnaldinho suggested the other day to up our profile as a community and site on Twitch. But how does this benefit you and your club, and how do you take part? Simple really.... This is basically a system that will award your club for games streamed on Twitch. It really is simple as that: Streaming Higher Tier Games - 500k budget per game Streaming Lower Tier Games - 250k budget per game When you stream, set up the title as follows [VFL TEAM A vs. VFL TEAM B - The League You Play In - ']www.the-vfl.com] The only "annoying" part you guys need to do is archiving your streams so we can verify that you actually did stream the game. Doing it is simple though, and...
So by now, you may already know the "Suggestions and Help" area of the forum is one place where you can seek community help if an admin isn't around (here's a link if not --- https://the-vfl.com/forums/suggestions-and-help.6/). But what if you don't want/need community help and you need/want admin help? Well, enter your new best friend, VFL Support Tickets. Now of course, if you have admin contact via Skype or Discord, you're better to head there since you get a near instant reply, however if you don't have that, then this is the next best thing. So lets answer the basics before we go over how to use them. What actually is a VFL Support Ticket? It's a VFL feature where if you have a problem/question, you can submit it to a specific...
Hello all! We've recently incorporated Spotify into VFL to allow you guys to browse and listen to music as you please. Allows you to also see what each other are listening to, and compile a bit of a VFL library of music with your pals :) Here's how you link it up; #1 - Click your name to get this screen; #2 - Click Connected Accounts; From there, it's as easy as logging in with your Spotify account. *NOTE* - Your email address on VFL needs to be correct, if you've used a fake or no longer existing email, this will bounce and not work. This is also a work in progress so we'll be monitoring any site speed issues.
When on VFL, you may hear the term "Inactive", or even the phrase "The Inactivity Bin". For now, you only ever really need to worry about that if you sign for a team. What it basically means is that you agreed to sign for a team, or you transferred to a team in the Transfer Window, and you then disappeared, you stopped (or never) showing up. If that happens, you may well log onto VFL one day and see you have one of the below on your profile (they update every season); So what does it mean to be inactive? What it means is that for the season you are inactive for, you will not play. So if you end up seeing that you are "Inactive - S45", it means you will not play again in Season 45. What it will also mean for you is that in Season 46...
You may be wondering, "Hey, I have my Trophy points, I have my awards, but why don't I have them viewable like yours?". Don't worry, I'm here to save the day. #1 - Click your profile, and then your name, until you are at the screenshot below #2 - Hit the "Awards" tab (We will be removing the Trophies tab soon). #3 - Hit the "Feature" button #4 - Hit the "Available Awards" tab and then hit the arrows on the left side of up to 5 awards you want viewable on your profile; #5 - Hit the "Featured Awards" tab, and you can then change the order in what they appear to create a pattern like mine. #6 - Hit Save.
1. Setting up a manager account Once an admin has sent the invite, click the link sent to you via email(may be in your junk folder) You will be taken to the page below. Click create a new League Republic Account. Then create your account using your current GT and a suitable password. Next you will need to verify your account by clicking on the link in your emails(may be in your junk folder) 2. Before the game Login to your account and then click league admin. Click on results in the sidebar or on the right of the screen. Click on statistics for the game(s) you have today. Put in the positions your team are playing, and GP for those playing. Then click update. 3. After the game Record a stats clip of the summary page...
Hello there, and welcome to the contract information thread! Read on if you're new to all of this, however, if you know the ropes, and have been here for a couple of seasons, you should know what to do. So, contract expiration, what does that mean? It's the point in the VFL season where contracts of players tick down from GREEN to RED, thus potentially allowing players to have a say on whether they wish to stay at their current club for another season or not. Sounding complicated? Don't worry. Here's some info: Due to the app, it's a little different in explaining it, it's a lot more simple..... If you SIGNED for your club BEFORE the mid-season window you are on a RED contract, which means that you WILL drop into free agency unless...