Aaron

VFL Site Owner
    VFL Administrator
    VFL Premium Member
    VFL Real Madrid
    Reaction Score
    CxxSfC07_o.png

Hello all,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to read all of this, hopefully everything I'm about to write here is easy to understand and gives you some peace of mind about how rosters will work for the World Series in FIFA 23. Before I start, I will add that this is brand new and I know 11s is not like traditional VFL, more so because its for the entire year. I am open to suggestions, but will NOT be straying away from the core message that loyalty towards clubs will be rewarded, and that roster consistencty pays dividends. Those two things are achieved through a contract system.

What is this new system for the World Series?

The MAIN complaint from a lot of people last year, is that players and even managers had severe CTE and couldn't remember who they played in their last line-up. Players would come to me on a Thursday asking me who they are tied to when they played on Monday for example. I can't handle these levels of braindead questions again, so we have devised a contract system.

Before the first event on Monday the 17th of October starts, clubs will be asked to place signing threads in this area, just like VFL, in order to tag and assign players to their 11s roster. These players will then be tied to that team for a set period of time. As it stands, that period of time runs from October - December (again, these dates/periods are subject to change if I like an alternative plan). When December 1st hits, players (NOT MANAGERS) will effectively drop off into the world of "11s Free Agency". From there, players can then begin signing for their next team, for the period which lasts from December - February. When February 1st hits, the same cycle repeats.

Will players still be able to "drop off" of rosters?

Yes. If a player is on a roster and does not participate for 3 events in a row, for example, RUSH on the 17th of October, POQ on the 18th of October, and reportr.gg Cup on the 25th of October, then the player would drop off the roster and receive an "inactivity marker" if the manager requests this to happen. This would make the player a free agent, but would also act as a warning to managers that the player may have an attitude issue. Furthermore, if you are inactivity marker'd three times, you will be able to continue competing, but will be ruled out of the money finals. Once is sort of normal, two times is a pattern, three times? Come on, you know what you're trying to do.

Will there be restrictions on Club Hopping still?

Absolutely. The below will be in place:

GREEN - You have played official tournaments for 2 different clubs - This is a warning.

ORANGE - You have played official tournaments for 3 different clubs - This will result in you forfeiting trophy points and taking a 50% fine in any World Series Final purse winnings as a player.

RED - You have played official tournaments for 5 different clubs - This will result in you being able to play free events, but you will be barred from the World Series Finals and also earning cash.

THREE INACTIVITY MARKERS
    - Same punishment as Red.

GREY - You have played for 5 clubs, left the 5th club, and are attempting to sign for a 6th club - This will result in your signing being denied, and you being barred from all events until FIFA 24.

The thinking here is simple, there are now set times where players will drop into free agency, that therefore forces players to think about where they commit to in 11s. If you sign for a dictator, you know you'll either be a weirdo and take the inactivity marker, or, you'll be normal and continue to play for the team until the contract end date. If you're STILL hopping around from club-to-club with those "windows" so to speak, then you'll incur the level system.

Where can we view the World Series Rosters?

What happens if a Manager folds his team?

Same as before, the Manager will be completely barred from playing the Money Finals. They will also immediately jump to Orange level. The players on the roster will also be unable to play the next 2 weeks of events. After that 2 week period, they will be free agents once again and the club hopping system will be in place.​

Last edited:
    I will continue to update this if any questions are posed that are worthy of an edit to OP :)

I have 1 question. Would you still be able to buy releases like VFL? Only if needed.
    No. We will not be doing "releases" at all. This was decided due to the volatile nature of the scene.

If we did "releases", it would lead to people spamming these after 1 bad group stage. 11s has to be treated more serious, more hardcore, compared to VFL.

Reactions: Jayden and Visions
    Only thing I disagree with is the inactivity marker thing, with you keeping the same rosters fora couple of months, teams are obviously going to have a squad and sign more than 11 and sign people who will want to be backups for there teams, what if the backup player isn't needed for 3 tournaments ina row? we jus gonna assume they have attitude problems and just say there inactive when this isn't the case and there just wanting to be a backup for the specific team.

Can we have a possibility of signing players on part time contracts, because there will be plenty of very loyal backups who'll find themselves inactivity marker'd 3 times the way you've set this up.

If it’s like vfl the inactivity markers are optional and if neither player or manager complain at not being used I don’t see why there would be an issue with you on a roster. Or if not that’s a suggestion on how it should work :)

Is there a roster cap? Probably something needed to coincide with the above.

But if it’s automatic inactivity ban it’s going to stop a lot of people entering 11s / breaking through into the scene who won’t play every game. , I completely understand the thought behind it just needs better execution imo

No. We will not be doing "releases" at all. This was decided due to the volatile nature of the scene.

If we did "releases", it would lead to people spamming these after 1 bad group stage. 11s has to be treated more serious, more hardcore, compared to VFL.
    Okay fair comment. I feel like players will refuse to play for their team if they have a few bad events