Moving to London

• Thread starter Yeezus
  • Start date

Yeezus

Veteran
    Reaction Score
    Hello I know this is not a post meant for this section but I gotta decide before October so running outta time…

I’m currently thinking about moving to north London but have never been to England so…

I’ve spent the majority of my adult life in Southern California and grew up on the east coast of the us… If anyone who has moved from the US (specifically from the two areas I listed) to the UK, can you fill me in on the culture shock, being an American in the uk, how it was getting adjusted to a new culture and country and topics along those lines.
    Also to any locals, what’s nightlife and general life in north London like and how easy is it to visit other countries in Europe now that the UK isn’t in the EU. My dads entire side of the family lives in Spain so I need to be able to easily travel and idk how that will go with no EU status and an American passport.
    This move also means I’ll return to VFL after like 3 years but I got a massive culture shock when moving from one side of the same country to the other, so I’m trying to prepare myself for a whole new country. I’d also be moving in January of 2022 so info about the weather and such would be nice since I’ve been used to sunshine and like perfect weather for the past 4 years. This wouldn’t be a permanent move as I’m currently between NYC and London but I can move to NYC anytime where as this is really the only time it makes sense to move to another country. Much love

- Weather is shit.
    - People down South are cunts.
    - You'll be stabbed rather than shot.
    - Everything is over-priced.
    - Brexit made everything worse than it was.
    - Mongos voted in Boris Johnson.

As an American, you'll love it. Welcome to England.

Id say move to a countryside. We moved from north west were stabbings was a everyday normal thing to happen and now we have moved to a place where there isnt really any crime at all. Perfect for the kids too.

As for the weather side of things when we have sun its hotter down south than up north. But like other people mentioned its mainly shit weather.

just be safe if you wanna be in NL but since southern cal neighbourhoods are the same you probably know how to. The weather in the norther hemisphere ain't that good but you will gain a lot of friends in a short time due to London having about 10 mill ppl rn. Football is great here lots of parks with basketball courts too. If you ain't much of a weather enthusiast then i say move here but there will be lots of violence. I lived in countryside so as the guy above said it is better.

Good luck on whatever u pick :)

In regards to travel to Spain from the UK;

1e88e6f0ac3db4f3a315f6425e88a2c6.png

- Weather is shit.
    - People down South are cunts.
    - You'll be stabbed rather than shot.
    - Everything is over-priced.
    - Brexit made everything worse than it was.
    - Mongos voted in Boris Johnson.
    Sounds like England atleast have less violence then we have here in Sweden and you guys atleast have a better leader for your country then we do. We have a leader which is hard to understand what he means cause he cant even speak and he barely even knows what he is saying

Last edited:
    Sounds like England atleast have less violence then we have here in Sweden and you guys atleast have a better leader for your country then we do. We have a leader which is hard to understand what he means cause he cant even speak and he barely even knows what he is saying
    idk about the first part tbh

idk about the first part tbh
    Sweden has the most amount of shootings in Europe when compared to all of the other countrys. Sweden just get more shootings for every year that goes. If you dont belive e your welcome to Sweden so you can see that I am talking truth.

Last edited:
    Sweden has the most amount of shootings in Europe when compared to all of the other countrys. Sweden just get more shootings for every year that goes. If you dont belive e your welcome to Sweden so you can see that I am talking truth.
    . i live in sweden and lived in uk. there are more killings and violence in uk

. i live in sweden and lived in uk. there are more killings and violence in uk
    I know that England atleast have more violence when it comes to fights and that they in general has more violence then Sweden but according to the statistical thing of Sweden when they compared Swedens shootings to ALL countrys in Europe Sweden had the most amount of shootings. But this source might be wrong then.

Reactions: I Bale I 9