New formation meta on '22?

• Thread starter Danielsandwell8
  • Start date

Danielsandwell8

Team Management
    VFL Liverpool
    Management Ban
    Reaction Score
    With what I've played so far on the beta, I feel it promotes more of a passing game and I'm hoping we can all swiftly move away from 352. Thoughts?

I'd love a good, traditional 442.

I'd also prefer my toilet to be in an out-building.

Never get anyone applying for a trial at half-back anymore. These kids make me sick.

Now, I'm off to get my cowpox vaccine - back shortly.

Reactions: XI Delta
    Haven't played the beta so I can't say, but 3-5-2 has been a thing for ages, would like to see more variety though if I'm being honest, just gotta wait and see.

Width seemed pretty good from fut, anything wide and players know what there doing demolishes people , whether a good cb stops the op crosses and stuff I don’t know but I quite like 4222 otherwise I think 352 will remain as that’s what everyone will do anyway

433 FTW, had lots of success this fifa with it as teams are so used to playing 352, sit 3 attackers man for man and you see who can really defend or not :D

• Flames
    Reactions: Fluffy
    Hoping a 4-3-3 works in FIFA 22, getting tired of playing 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2. Some teams managed to have some joy with the 4-3-3 in 21 so i'm hoping 22 will be a bit more diverse...

Reactions: Pavardd
    With what I've played so far on the beta, I feel it promotes more of a passing game and I'm hoping we can all swiftly move away from 352. Thoughts?

Wingplay will be king, Crossfield balls are waaaaaay OP and people will want 3 CBs and 2 DMs dropping deep.

3-5-2 will remain THE formation

Can't speak to Pro Clubs. But on FUT, the meta for me has been the 4-3-2-1, keeping the LF and RF central, one defensive midfielder, one box-to-box, and another attacking and making late runs. Other than that, I don't really see anyone being as limited formation-wise as past titles. The emphasis this year has obviously been placed on ball movement. So assuming you have a team of players that can pick out a pass, it will come down to the preferences of the team.

I can see a 4-3-3, 4-2-2-2, 4-2-3-1, or a 4-4-2 be just as easily implemented as a 3-5-2. 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 can be interesting as well assuming everyone in your midfield is aware of where they are and when to step. So long as EA doesn't patch this one into oblivion to cater to the 10-year-olds, I personally think the possibilities are endless as this seems to be the most balanced title in years.