Aaron

VFL Site Owner
    VFL Administrator
    VFL Premium Member
    VFL Real Madrid
    Reaction Score
    Ballon-dOr-Lionel-Messi-F365.jpg

Hello all :)

Welcome back to the Ballon d'Or awards, an award ceremony which aims to celebrate the best of the best from Season 49! For those of you who aren't familiar with how the Ballon d'Or works on VFL, it is essentially 4 awards which recognises the best GK, best Defender, best Midfielder, and best Forward who played in the Higher Tier leagues of last season. A shortlist is drawn up by myself based on numbers, averages, notes, and more, and then this shortlist is passed on to every higher tier manager to be voted on. Therefore, the Ballon d'Or is the ultimate award as a player to win (as an individual) as it showcases that your managerial peers, your rivals, have placed you a grade above the rest, and recognise you as the best in your positional category.

The below posts will show you the shortlist, the vote breakdown, and the notes attributed to each player which of course could have influenced votes. The aim is to highlight any stat-padding in an aid to help managers make a pick of who they think "truly" deserves the awards. Of course, it is a Higher Tier only award, and an award which celebrates participation in Europe, and maximum attendance as a player.

Beyond that, congratulations to everybody here, and we go again on February 11th!

• Flames
    Reactions: Barney2goose
    Thread open :) GGs again.

Winners need to PM me if they want to receive their custom print to celebrate their award :)

Reactions: Redvolite
    Wow, I really didn't expect this.

First off well done to my friend for finally winning the big one @Nolan, totally deserved!

Secondly there is no way I would have won this if not for my incredible teammates at Bayer last season, who in my opinion also deserve this award.

And lastly thank you to all who voted for me, for some this is just a virtual award but this means a lot to me winning this. I started playing competitive clubs back in season 44, and to end up winning such a big reward now is crazy and if it weren't for certain people who I've met a long the way there would be no way I would be here now winning this so thank you to them. (You know who you are) :giggle: