Scotland trialling thread

• Thread starter Unity Bluefin
  • Start date

Unity Bluefin

Getting Serious
    Reaction Score
    Apologies for the delay I have been at work all day and couldn't get the time to put things together for the Scotland thread.

As everyone knows there appears to be a conventional way that these trials work, everyone fills out a form and then the manager places players against each other kinda in a tier strategy with unknowns or what they call shitters, then known players then an elite tier band so kinda like C teams, B teams and A teams, usually the bones of squads come from A teams and no one really gets a chance. So for that reason I have decided to do things completely differently. Everyone knows I run drafts which are a selection of 11 man players who usually come into my streams and are placed on random teams selected by Captains which I usually select and let name a team. That way captains can only pick so many good players and squads start to become balanced, it is also more competitive than a conventional friendly.

For this I have selected 3 captains and myself will make up the 4th. The captains for this will be, Dylshkin and Joebhoy the two most capped players in Scottish VFL history and finally Unity James who is my brother, these are 3 peoples opinions I trust when it comes to players, but being a captain does not confirm a place in the final 11 that will take to the pitch, I want this to be as fair as possible, so unlike other nations I have not 1 co but 3 pretty much, who will each run 1 team in each draft, we will run around 2/3 drafts and more if it is required until we whittle down the squad to the best 22 for the final selection.

All I need is for Scottish based players who qualify for VFL Scotland to join the following discord link where we will organise everything including folks availability etc

Discord is easy to use and can be used on your phones etc just make sure that you check in with the availability threads that will be set up.