Suggestion Box

• Thread starter Cass 38
  • Start date
  • not sure whether time zones just kill this. But a VFL Americas all stars VS VFL PS4 all stars?
    reckon you could get the TOTS squad from both sides to play each other. Bit of a Ryder Cup dynamic and something a bit out there
    Lovely concept, but as the boys have said, its a timing and motivation thing for the guys to get involved. Thank you for the idea however :)

This has probably been spoken about before, but managers being able to pick two co-managers, rather than just one. I know a lot of other Pro Club Competitive leagues do it, so why can't the VFL?

It would help in so many ways.

1. It takes some pressure off the main manager and shares the workload a little more. (Stats, training, triallng, games and lineups)

2. Allows more room for error if the main manager has stuff irl to deal with, as all co-managers should be in the manager chats. This means that less game would be given as defaults.

3. It will also help that single co-manager, so not everything falls on him if the main manager is unavailable.

4. It will also give more people opportunities to have management experience, as that is sometimes hard to come by finding a good consistent manager.

5. This is something that wouldn't be too hard to introduce everywhere the VFL is (Website, League Repbublic and Discord).

6. We could implement the 2nd co-manager as an option, or even a premium member manager feature, rather than compulsory.

7. Those managers that don't want a second co-manager won't be bothered. Those that do, (myself included) will have a slightly more stress-free experience, as well as having the pleasure of giving our own players more opportunities.

As someone who has been in the VFL for 5 years, I feel very strongly that this would be a big improvement in the VFL.

Last edited:
    Reactions: I Kxnny 67 I
    This has probably been spoken about before, but managers being able to pick two co-managers, rather than just one. I know a lot of other Pro Club Competitive leagues do it, so why can't the VFL?

It would help in so many ways.

1. It takes some pressure off the main manager and shares the workload a little more. (Stats, training, triallng, games and lineups)

2. Allows more room for error if the main manager has stuff irl to deal with, as all co-managers should be in the manager chats. This means that less game would be given as defaults.
    3. It will also help that single co-manager, so not everything falls on him if the main manager is unavailable.
    4. It will also give more people opportunities to have management experience, as that is sometimes hard to come by finding a good consistent manager.

5. This is something that wouldn't be too hard to introduce everywhere the VFL is (Website, League Repbublic and Discord).

6. We could implement the 2nd co-manager as an option, or even a premium member manager feature, rather than compulsory.

7. Those managers that don't want a second co-manager won't be bothered. Those that do, (myself included) will have a slightly more stress-free experience, as well as having the pleasure of giving our own players more opportunities.

As someone who has been in the VFL for 5 years, I feel very strongly that this would be a big improvement in the VFL.
    Already do it on Xbox, its up to Harry on PS4. I don't see the issue with this, but also upping the ban length from 3 season to permanent on PS4. I dont feel 3 seasons brings enough fear to some people.

Reactions: Goughy-99
    Already do it on Xbox, its up to Harry on PS4. I don't see the issue with this, but also upping the ban length from 3 season to permanent on PS4. I dont feel 3 seasons brings enough fear to some people.
    I would definitely agree, although I think management bans are harsh if they just move leagues when the manager has a good replacement lined up.
    Definitely permaban though if they dip with no replacement.

I would definitely agree, although I think management bans are harsh if they just move leagues when the manager has a good replacement lined up.
    Definitely permaban though if they dip with no replacement.
    I think just any dip/bottle in season really. The amount of PS4 guys who are the "higher ups" who go, "I wouldn't have taken a ban if I knew it'd be permanent", is silly. May as well up it if people aren't scared of 7-9 months out.

I think just any dip/bottle in season really. The amount of PS4 guys who are the "higher ups" who go, "I wouldn't have taken a ban if I knew it'd be permanent", is silly. May as well up it if people aren't scared of 7-9 months out.
    Yeah, the managers who drop out I'm not bothered what happens. I meant the ones who have a chance to manage in a different league, they get banned for just moving their entire teams over

Yeah, the managers who drop out I'm not bothered what happens. I meant the ones who have a chance to manage in a different league, they get banned for just moving their entire teams over
    I wont lie, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I wont lie, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    For example, if a manager in Bundesliga gets offered a team in the prem, the manager gets a management ban for "stepping down" from his Bundesliga club, even though he would go and manage the premier league club. Then that manager has to let his co take charge and he not be part of it in the eyes of VFL.

• cwl
    Reactions: Joe8x
    For example, if a manager in Bundesliga gets offered a team in the prem, the manager gets a management ban for "stepping down" from his Bundesliga club, even though he would go and manage the premier league club. Then that manager has to let his co take charge and he not be part of it in the eyes of VFL.
    Well of course he does..... if he steps down in the Golden Window, and his replacement bottles, who are we dragging back to fix the mess if he takes another club?

This has happened when his replacement hasn't bottled?
    So you want the admins to take the chance every season?

You're essentially encouraging club hopping. If you want that, may as well scrap the loyalty swap scheme then.

So you want the admins to take the chance every season?

You're essentially encouraging club hopping. If you want that, may as well scrap the loyalty swap scheme then.
    Kindof, it still stops it, but is just a more lenient rule, but that's another topic though.

(So we're on the topic of managers moving teams now)
    Tbh I think it should be done by an admin recommendation of the manager, as those admins will tend to know the managers and how reliable they are. This way the VFL could give teams to managers who deserve it/are trustworthy. Ik this is similar to the loyalty scheme, but that does only get some managers so far.

I mean, it doesn't make a difference if all the clubs have managers, as long as those managers don't step down. There's still a vacancy either way to fill if a club is available.

So what I'm saying is if a current VFL manager sees that a club is in need of management and wants it over the one club he manages, surely it would be fairer to give that team to the manager who's being consistent in VFL, who's managed his club for X amount of seasons, rather than a completely new manager. Would definitely mean fewer clubs with great fanbases irl getting relegated on VFL (not gonna name any:cry::D.)

Obviously it would make sense to only allow this at the end of every season, as there is a thin line between a manager wanting to move to a club he wants, compared to club-hopping. I agree with you there.