VFL Administrator
    VFL Premium Member
    VFL Real Madrid
    Reaction Score
    ezTRso3o_o.jpeg

The VFL World Series - Information

globe-earth-animation-2.gif

What is the VFL World Series?

The VFL World Series is a throwback to what the old-guard of the UK 11s scene created, and in my opinion, what the competitive scene love. That is, a quick, competitive, one day max tournament. You could look at it like one of Joe's VFLe Super Cup's, you could look at it like one of Bluefin's Monday Night Footballs, it's that kind of format, but this time with VFL's own little twist to it, and ran be me, yours truly.

How is it any different to the above aforementioned tournaments?

A great question. My whole premise and spin on this is continuity, without being disrespectful.... a purpose for each tournament. Before, these tournaments were about just the bragging rights for a month or what not until the next one. This is kind of the same, but more advanced.

Now, I've highlighted on Twitter what I think the main issue is with the UK scene in particular (shout out to our foreign brothers reading this, you have your s**t together), and that is the folding, coming back, folding, coming back. Couple that with the exceptionally poor attitude from the UK scene, you have a toxic fire dump of people not actually being arsed to play. THIS tournament is my attempt of putting that to a close.

How will I be doing that? It's simple. There will be a calendar of VFL 11s events over the existence of FIFA 21, with it culminating in grand play-offs at the end of the year for a cash prize, provided solely by our sponsors, NiceCactus.

"Slow down. Events? Play-Offs? How does it work?"

Another great question. Each event can be thought of as a regional, or a checkpoint. Think of these events as the equivalent of a Premier League trophy in real life. So we'll be doing about 4-5 of these in the year, and then the grand play-off which for me, will be the BIG trophy, essentially in my eyes, the equivalent of a Champions League trophy. Hopefully I've not butchered that explanation.

So how does a team qualify for this grand play-off at the end of the year?

Each event/regional will distribute out EP (Elevens Points) to each team that competes. You get EP for EVERYTHING. Winning, losing, making it out the groups, losing all the games in the groups. EVERYTHING. Of course, as logic goes, the further your team goes in the event, the more EP your club generates. At the end of each event, we'll update our VFL EP table and it'll show what team sits at the top of the table.

After these events, the grand play-off will occur, where the top 8 of the table will qualify for the play-off that rewards the cash prize. This represents the best, most consistent, and longest standing teams to compete and stay hungry all the way until the decline of the 11s season at FIFA 21. Not only that, but it'll be an event that you guys will want to watch, as you'll want to see who walks away with the cash, and the title of the best of the year.

What's the catch?

There is one. And this all points back to my original statement of the problem with the 11s scene. Continuity.

IF a club folds, IF a club switches manager, IF a club does anything in the eyes of the 11s scene as "quitting for a couple months", their EP will be reset to 0. They can still enter these regional events and compete, but they'll do it at the price of knowing that they're miles away from qualifying for the end goal, the play-offs.

I know people get into arguments and split, just look at Lucid a month or so ago. But that is where managers need to take the responsibility, to rebuild. If you can't do that and you want to fold your club and not enter events, or rebirth your club to enter an event, or merge your club to another to enter an event, go for it, but your EP will hit an almighty 0.

The whole purpose of this is to show the scene that the UK teams can last. That the UK teams are not babies that after one bad event, they cry, whine, and give up. By not giving up, you are rewarded here. That is the point.

We'll also be making edits to the final after lessons learnt from last year, that lesson being people get crazy about money and chop and change towards the end. For the grand finals, there will be ZERO player changes or addittions allowed. The teams that make it into the final, will have their squad from the previous event carried over. Squad depth, availability, and more, will be important to your planning.

Banned Players? What about them?

Banned for being toxic / bottling on VFL? - Disallowed from managing.

Banned for serious stuff i.e. Racism - Completely banned from playing.

What is the Cash Prize for the Grand Play-Off Winners?

At this point in time, NiceCactus are still deciding. It'll either be 1 season all year long, with a grand final of £1,000, or, it'll be 2 seasons in FIFA 21, where each grand final is £1000+. A meeting has been set up for early January on that point.

There will be absolutely 0 buy in.

How will teams sign up for events?

Sign-Up sheets on here nearer the time.

When will the calendar of events be released?

The first event date will be below, the rest will come out after that January meeting.

What day(s) will these events always be on?

Monday. It will never ever be a different day. I'd also suit the times for what the majority want. I'd aim for like 8pm - 11pm to get everything done. 32 teams for example is 8 groups of 4. 3 group games is a max of say an hour and 20 minutes. RO16, QF, SF and Final, another hour and 40 minutes (I could be over stretching but you get my drift). There will be absolutely no 12-1am finishes.

Anything else we need to know?

I have no real care about "big players". I know very well some of the nerds in the discord think they can act and behave like they want and thus play these types of events. Wont be happening. This is a sponsored event, I will not hesitate to remove people and ban people from this event if they harm the reputation of the sponsor, or the communinty itself. So act an idiot at your own risk.

Also, people found smuggling in banned players, or doing anything dodgy will be banned from this event, and normal VFL.

Last edited:
    Event Calender

TBA