VFL End of Year Procedure - FIFA 21, Xbox X, all of it.....

• Wanting information about FIFA 21 and even next-gen console switching? For all the info you need, click HERE.
  • VFL Season 18 Champions League - Inter Milan
  • VFL FIFA 16 TOTY Starting XI
  • VFL International Cap Award (50) - Rest of the World
  • VFL FIFA 17 TOTY Starting XI
  • VFL Season 22 Champions League - A.C. Milan

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points

Hello. You may be thinking "Why that GIF?", it's purely because of the amount of DMs and messages I've had demanding instant answers over the season, how it happens/works etc etc. Of course, the old heads will know the answers, but if this is your first year of VFL and you have no idea how a switch from FIFA 20 to FIFA 21 would work, as well as how a console switch would work, this is the thread to look at. I'll be kicking this off with sections, since people struggle to read mega long posts, so I may as well make semi-long posts underneath each other.​

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
FIFA 20 --> FIFA 21
"How does it work?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Key Dates

FIFA 21 Early Access = 1st of October 2020

FIFA 21 Pre-Order Release = 6th of October 2020

FIFA 21 Normal Release = 9th of October 2020

*PROVISIONAL* Season 45 Start Date = 23rd of October 2020
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Season on FIFA 20 - Short Answer - No.

So as we all already know, FIFA got delayed by 2 weeks this year due to COVID. If you didn't know that, now you do. With that in mind, it is a 2 week delay, not a 4 week delay, not a 2 month delay. A 2 week delay. For that reason, I am not calling it a viable decision to have another season on FIFA 20. I will go over this further in an FAQ post below, but stop asking for another season on FIFA 20, it isn't happening.

Reason behind the Season 45 Start Date.

Now, the start date for the season is of course provisional. You may be asking why, I'll explain why by simply saying Microsoft and Sony are playing that game of "We wont announce when our console is coming out first so we can undercut the other on price or date". As of now, I have to go by historical data which is the new consoles usually get released about half way through November. That is me guessing as of now. If that's the case, we have the ability to have FIFA come out, then get our pros up for 2 weeks. However, if for some reasons consoles get announced, and they get announced earlier, this could result in all the info in this thread changing. For example, if the consoles come out on say, the 13th of November, then we will start Season 45 a week earlier on the 16th of October. It would mean everybody is on a level playing field with low pros etc etc anyway.

For me, it's important to have 4 game weeks. If that means we only get from the 9th-16th getting our pros up, so be it, it'll be 83 Overall Season.

How do teams work for Season 45?

We do 2 things here. We do Admin Picks, and we do Team Picks. I will answer this more in the FAQs.

Admins who have done 3+ Seasons out of the 5 on FIFA 20 will get a team pick as a reward for their consistent work efforts. They will get first priority on teams. After that, we have team picks. Team picks are pretty simple. If you finished 6th in the Premier League for example, you get 6th pick of team in the Premier League. Loyalty switches are still possible, but it allows people to move clubs for the new FIFA for some fresh kits.

Admin picks will start Monday the 3rd of August with an aim to be done by the 10th of August. Once the 10th of August hits, we will begin the team pick process with managers. Important to note, the team you pick in team picks is the team you'd be giving away in the Golden Window.​

Last edited:

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Xbox One --> Xbox Series X
"How does it work?"

Key Dates

Xbox X/PS5 Release Date = Yet to be announced

Xbox X/PS5 Cost = Yet to be announced

FIFA 21 on Xbox X/PS5 Release Date = Yet to be announced

VFL Switchover Period = Mid-November - Late January/Early February 2021

When will we know the release date and cost of these new consoles?

As soon as Sony and Microsoft stop being difficult.

Why is there a Switchover Period?

Same as the last time we switched from 360 to One. It allows people the chance to get money together and not feel like they need to upgrade instantly.

The switchover period allows for Christmas to come, and allows less urgency to upgrade. As of the time of writing this, that is the info we have. I am essentially planning for the worst case scenario which is that in February we will resume VFL but on the next-gen consoles. If they dont have it so Xbox One and X players can play together, I will not be running leagues on old-gen, it is too much effort, too much leg work. Will that means some of you who can't afford it may not play VFL again until Winter 2021 (when you can afford it), unfortunately yes.

What will happen in that Switchover Period?

We as admins will be in contact with managers to see the extent of what we're looking like. It also gives the people and us as admins a chance to enjoy Christmas a bit. But have no fear, we've been here before, we know the plan and how to essentially manouver a switchover. We're essentially the only site that's ever done it successfully. Have faith in us.​

Last edited:

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
FAQ's
(Frequently Asked Questions)

"Why aren't you doing another season on FIFA 20?"

FIFA 21 has been delayed by 2 weeks. Not masses of time. If FIFA wasn't delayed, we'd be finishing on August 10th, and the Early Access would be out on September 18th. Would you be asking for a season then? No, you wouldn't. So if there's 2 weeks extra, and you know a season is 4-5 weeks long, how does it make sense for us to do another extra season?

We have the World Cup, a potential optional opting in tourney at the end of August, TOTY, and Team Switches for FIFA 21 to go through. Bluntly speaking and some may not like this, that is a lot for us, and we deserve to get it done and actually have a break also. We are people. We cannot be expected to go from August 10th, into a new season in late August, have that season end late September, and then jump straight into Season 45. Think a little bit, appreciate our time constraints and what we have to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How do Admin Picks work?"

Admins who have been admin and worked at an acceptable standard for 3+ seasons out of 5 for the year are rewarded with priority picks of teams if they wish to manage. That is their reward for the majority of the year hard at work for the community.

Admin picks outweigh everything. It outweighs Lower Tier bans. It outweighs Blue Contracts. It is essentially the ultimate card.

Admins who DO qualify for one have 3 options;

#1 - Use the pick.
#2 - Give the pick away to somebody.
#3 - Bin the pick.

If the admin opts to give their pick away to somebody on the site, they are within their right to do that, however, they will have to make a choice, because giving the pick away will mean the admin has to either;

A - Go with the person he's giving the pick to, and void their right to play. For example, I give my pick to somebody, I will then have to be on their roster, not be able to be released, sold, transferred, etc etc, and also risk the chance of not having to play any games for them if they don't put me in the line-up.

B - The admin chooses to not go with the person they are giving their pick to - This would mean they are unable to sign for a team for Season 45. They will essentially not play a game unless its for something like Avengers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How do Team Picks work?"

Simply put, it goes by league position. If you finished 1st in your division, you'll get first pick of teams. So for example, look at Chambly in Ligue 1. If after admin picks PSG is available, they have the right to pick PSG for better kits.

Promoted teams will have the choice of either keeping their club they were promoted with, or trading it for 18th/19th/20th pick in the division they go up into.

Relegated teams will have 1st/2nd/3rd pick of the division they are relegated into.

There is no possibility where if you finished 17th in League Two, you get 17th pick in Serie B. It is in your division, and your division only. Only way out of your division is via an admin pick of loyalty switch.

Team picks will also happen before the Golden Window. For example, if the S44 Watford manager ends up picking Morecambe in the Championship for his team pick, he will give away Morecambe in the S45 Golden Window.

When is the Team of the Year ceremony and will it be live?

Towards the end of August. And yes, it'll be on Twitch.

What about the 3 Player Rule for FIFA 21?

We will be relaxing the 3 player rule in Season 45, and especially in Season 46 when the console switch happens. Being brutally honest, for console switches in 2021, we may even freeze the 3 player rule for 6 months. Wont know until we get more info.

"What is happening with contracts in Season 46?"

Season 45 marks the final season of this gen. IF THERE IS NO CROSSPLAY between X and One, or PS4 and PS5, then contracts in Season 45 will all have the same end date. If you sign at the start, middle, end, first TW or second TW, you will drop into free agency at the end of the season.

Season 45 will also have no blue contracts. The day Season 45 ends, the only people that will be on each roster will be the manager.

"Can Xbox One and Xbox X players play FIFA 21 together?"

As of today (10/08/20) EA have confirmed that this is *NOT* the case. It is the exact same as 7 years ago. Xbox X players will be able to play with Xbox X players, while Xbox One players will be able to play with Xbox One players.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Announcement - Eredivisie to be Discontinued

I also forgot this so have edited my post.

I must say this is not happening due to numbers, or concern. The Dutch league has been an exciting division the last 2 seasons during the peak of lockdown, even with this season's winners Ajax clinching it on the final day by a point. I also think guys have enjoyed having a league where they have not had to consistently play Fridays. Add onto that the fact of no default in the division over the 2 seasons. In all honesty, its a shame consoles are coming out this year, if they weren't, this would be 110% remaining.

This is happening as preperation for a scaling back ahead of the console switch. At this moment in time, we have to plan for the WORST scenario. That is that there is no cross-play, and there is no link between X and One. On that basis, it makes the most sense to close the Eredivisie for now, and reopen the league when there are more answers, or when we have stability on next-gen in FIFA 21 or FIFA 22. It's a great division with many teams, and one you have not seen the last of. This will be the first league back if we get answers or cross-platform becomes a thing.

What this means for Holland and its players is that everybody will be becoming a free agent, no manager replacements will be needed, and if people who managed in Eredivisie this season wish to manage again, they will not be stopped from applying for management positions in other leagues.​

Last edited:
  • VFL Season 40 leasing.com Trophy - Millwall
  • VFL Season 40 League Two Play-Off - Millwall
  • VFL Season 41 League One Title - Millwall
  • VFL Season 44 SPFL Title - Kilmarnock

Fletch14 x

Ponytail Maestro
Team Management
VFL XB1 Kilmarnock
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Might be a stupid question Aaron but if the Xbox is much more expensive than everyone is expecting, which it might be, does this effect the switchover period, for example having an extra season on old gem, or not. Hopefully this question doesn’t matter in the end and they just make it Cross Gen lol

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
How can aspiring managers get a club in FIFA 21?
Same way as per. Manager Waiting list will be revamped in the week starting tomorrow, and you'll see people posting in NLR as of tomorrow also.

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Might be a stupid question Aaron but if the Xbox is much more expensive than everyone is expecting, which it might be, does this effect the switchover period, for example having an extra season on old gem, or not. Hopefully this question doesn’t matter in the end and they just make it Cross Gen lol
I have 0 indication that the console is going to be anything higher than the usual 400-500 price point. Until I see something concrete which says otherwise, I couldn't comment.

Reactions: Fletch14 x

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Great DM I had on Twitter about contracts in S45/S46. Updated FAQ's.

• VFL Season 41 Championship Title - Bristol Rovers
  • VFL Season 38 Supercoppa Italiana - Napoli
  • VFL Season 39 League Two Title - Bristol Rovers
  • VFL Season 40 League One Play-Off - Bristol Rovers

Leadus

Yes Podge!
Team Management
VFL XB1 Rodez AF
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
@Aaron say if a team is eligible for a loyalty swap, do they pick a team in the division they played in for S44 and then try swap or do they just wait to see what teams are free in other divisions, not sure if I've phrased this correctly.

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
@Aaron say if a team is eligible for a loyalty swap, do they pick a team in the division they played in for S44 and then try swap or do they just wait to see what teams are free in other divisions, not sure if I've phrased this correctly.
Loyalty swaps wont be made active/available to pursue until team picks are done by managers.

I understood that as you basically saying "Can we loyalty switch to another league and then get their team pick based on where they finished".

Reactions: Leadus
  • VFL Season 43 Supercoppa Italiana - Lazio
  • VFL Season 44 Carabao Cup - Chelsea

Alaba

VFL Rising Star
Team Management
VFL XB1 AS Monaco
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
With the expected lower amount of people playing S46 will we most likely lose Scottish and Dutch leagues?

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Also made an edit in the thread about the Eredivisie.

Was a great league for the 2 summer seasons during lockdown, and we'll defo be seeing it again, but at this minute in time with the console switch near and prep to be had/made, it makes sense to re-close the division.

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
With the expected lower amount of people playing S46 will we most likely lose Scottish and Dutch leagues?
S45 = Dutch League out in prep for a drop off.

S46 = We wait and see. For now, Scotland is still very much in the plans.

Reactions: Kai
  • VFL Season 40 Serie B Title - Atalanta
  • VFL Season 44 Serie B Play-Off - Sampdoria

zAlfieee

The Alfie Show
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
Lower Tier Ban
VFL XB1 Rayo Vallecano
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
welp, mans gonna have to buy2 xbox's.

its great having split up parents..

Reactions: SHANEXxX360

Aaron

The Undisputed Champ
VFL Administrator
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
VFL Avengers
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
RIP the Ajax Total football dream :cry:
Is what it is man. Decision behind it comes down to 2 key factors (when talking about removing Scotland or Holland);

#1 - Scotland has more VFL history, 12 seasons v 4 in total.

#2 - Division is full, and smaller, thus making it more manageable.

Stuff like Ajax, PSV, all nice clubs, all clubs that people will want to go with for projects, so personally speaking, the BEST division to launch when news of cross-platform or old gen-new gen split play is confirmed.

Reactions: Alaba
  • VFL Season 40 Serie B Title - Atalanta
  • VFL Season 44 Serie B Play-Off - Sampdoria

zAlfieee

The Alfie Show
VFL Premium Member
Team Management
Lower Tier Ban
VFL XB1 Rayo Vallecano
Reaction Score
Trophy Points
Is what it is man. Decision behind it comes down to 2 key factors (when talking about removing Scotland or Holland);

#1 - Scotland has more VFL history, 12 seasons v 4 in total.

#2 - Division is full, and smaller, thus making it more manageable.

Stuff like Ajax, PSV, all nice clubs, all clubs that people will want to go with for projects, so personally speaking, the BEST division to launch when news of cross-platform or old gen-new gen split play is confirmed.
so if somehow Old Gen Play With New Gen the league will stay in?