Xbox Series X - Prices Announced! [Xbox X= £449] [Xbox S = £249]

• Thread starter l Smokey J l
  • Start date
  • Cba to read through all those messages although the answer to my question is probably in there somewhere. Is there any need for me to buy the X? Only games I’ll play are fifa and COD and don’t own a 4K TV!

Cba to read through all those messages although the answer to my question is probably in there somewhere. Is there any need for me to buy the X? Only games I’ll play are fifa and COD and don’t own a 4K TV!

No, if that's all you play and you don't have a 4k TV, just buy the S.

X is for people that want to play lots of games in 4K

Reactions: LFC Nath I 10 I
    PS5 price "leaked" again, normally I'd assume that its placeholders but this is the 4th time this week its been leaked and its the exact same across different stores across the globe.

Digital edition - £349
    Physical edition - £449

Will obviously wait for the show on Wednesday to be 1000% sure though

Reactions: MWarren93
    PS5 price "leaked" again, normally I'd assume that its placeholders but this is the 4th time this week its been leaked and its the exact same across different stores across the globe.

Digital edition - £349
    Physical edition - £449

Will obviously wait for the show on Wednesday to be 1000% sure though
    Exact same one I saw last week, but only saw it once, so was skeptical.

If casual lurkers in this thread are interested, we're set to know tomorrow night at 8-9pm our time via a Sony event.

Exact same one I saw last week, but only saw it once, so was skeptical.

If casual lurkers in this thread are interested, we're set to know tomorrow night at 8-9pm our time via a Sony event.

I've seen it on this Spanish listing twice, an American listing and a Chinese one, but I do follow all those leak pages on Twitter/Reddit so I see it more, I think 350 and 449 are pretty fair prices, but we'll see tomorrow night.

Supposed to be another few game announcements too, hopefully Silent Hills and other games that make the PS5 worth getting early.

Sony just hit the W sign with that PS5 Digital price. Value for money in comparison to the Series S is huge.

Same specs as the 449 PS5 just without a disk tray...

Xbox screwed up :|
    249 is a smaller number than 359 btw. Nobody here is a nerd and cares about memory or storage to thus call it "more value for money".

Sony have bottled it. You don't need to be a PS5 crusader because you are moving over there.

As someone who is getting both cus i just enjoying playing everything available on each console them prices are IMO really good for each Xbox/Ps5 no matter which type you get the £ you need to pay is bang on

Reactions: XI Delta
    imho, unless you're a nerd who likes Harry Potter or Final Fantasy... that's a W for Xbox this generation.

I'm excited about both but HP is on both platforms and FF isn't a console seller.

Only 2 games of everything shown that would make me buy a PS5 is God of War and Horizon, both of which are late 2021 and with no actual gameplay to show, its likely both were just announced to get sales and will be delayed into 2022. Apart from that, nothing is worth buying a PS5 for.

Spider-Man is on PS4 and every other major game is 2021-2023 with no word on all the other IPs Sony have.

Why Sony announced the console first, with no games to back it up is beyond me, but it is what it is.

Xbox Series S day 1 and PS5 late 2021/early 2022 for me, depending when Horizon and God of War drop.

I'm excited about both but HP is on both platforms and FF isn't a console seller.

Only 2 games of everything shown that would make me buy a PS5 is God of War and Horizon, both of which are late 2021 and with no actual gameplay to show, its likely both were just announced to get sales and will be delayed into 2022. Apart from that, nothing is worth buying a PS5 for.

Spider-Man is on PS4 and every other major game is 2021-2023 with no word on all the other IPs Sony have.

Why Sony announced the console first, with no games to back it up is beyond me, but it is what it is.

Xbox Series S day 1 and PS5 late 2021/early 2022 for me, depending when Horizon and God of War drop.
    Resident Evil looked semi alright, but in the end, with COVID, I don't think the expectations were high for immediately exclusives on either. End of the day, lack of exclusives on both sides have been compensated by price reductions.

Nobody can tell me that if COVID wasn't a thing, we'd be paying £249 and £359 respectively. Prices would be a lot higher. I take that trade off as a guy who only buys like 2-3 games a year.

Unless you love single-player games, i'm unsure what's pulling people to PS5 other than a lack of research or just sticking with what system there friends are playing on. Unless it's the early-access to cod which I sincerely hope not.

Xbox has the game pass which shits on Playstation Plus, it has the more powerful console and the cheapest available next-gen console.

I think PC makes a lot more sense now than it has ever before if you care about graphics and performance, as well as it connects to the Xbox eco-system through the app which is why I think i'll play both this generation.

Either way there's an option for practically everyone now which is the most important thing.

Reactions: XI Delta and Aaron
    Resident Evil looked semi alright, but in the end, with COVID, I don't think the expectations were high for immediately exclusives on either. End of the day, lack of exclusives on both sides have been compensated by price reductions.

Nobody can tell me that if COVID wasn't a thing, we'd be paying £249 and £359 respectively. Prices would be a lot higher. I take that trade off as a guy who only buys like 2-3 games a year.

Resi is another multiplatform game in 2021, if its on both, I get it on Xbox, but you are right, COVID has made it more accessible and made these prices better.

Like I dont want a PS5 day 1 but I cant lie that 350 is tempting, same with the Xbox, I had no intention of getting one right away but £250 is just too good a price to turn down.

Reactions: Aaron
    Just to burst PS Bubble, PS Game prices have risen, to compensate for a loss on the console that sony, are 100% making lol

View attachment 48201

Normal Edition, unless they fucked up, then thats mad

Nah its not a fuck up, that and 1 other game is 69.99 at release. Only ones so far announced at 69.99 tho.

Spider-Man is 49.99, hopefully games down the line go back to 59.99, if it becomes the trend for pricing, Sony can fuck off

edit :

In addition, Sony confirmed the price of its Worldwide Studios games would cost from $49.99 (about £39/AU$68) to $69.99 (about £54/AU$96) on PS5, a lean increase on PS4 prices.

Looks like its 69.99 for the big games, fuck that shit, hopefully people boycott until it goes back down.

Reactions: MWarren93
    Nah its not a fuck up, that and 1 other game is 69.99 at release. Only ones so far announced at 69.99 tho.

Spider-Man is 49.99, hopefully games down the line go back to 59.99, if it becomes the trend for pricing, Sony can fuck off

edit :

In addition, Sony confirmed the price of its Worldwide Studios games would cost from $49.99 (about £39/AU$68) to $69.99 (about £54/AU$96) on PS5, a lean increase on PS4 prices.

Looks like its 69.99 for the big games, fuck that shit, hopefully people boycott until it goes back down.

Dont think people realise how much of a hit Sony are taking on the Discless, to be able to compete, the big games being 70, just points to the fact of having to compensate for that, Where as Xbox, have set themselves up in a place where they could take a hit if needed, because of the revenue in Game Sales as well as GamePass, 95% of everything Xbox are doing, is so pro-consumer its great tbh

Dont think people realise how much of a hit Sony are taking on the Discless, to be able to compete, the big games being 70, just points to the fact of having to compensate for that, Where as Xbox, have set themselves up in a place where they could take a hit if needed, because of the revenue in Game Sales as well as GamePass, 95% of everything Xbox are doing, is so pro-consumer its great tbh

Yeah, Game Pass day 1 games is an absolute bargain and 3rd party games I can pick up cheaper from different regions, but 69.99 for exclusives I want on PS is still a hard pill to swallow.

I guess I'm bitter because I remember when I could go and get a 360 game for 39.99 and now, even if I was to split PS5 games with Delta (we game share on PS) I'd still be paying £35, 5 quid less than what I used to pay for full games.